The Academy of Theosophy and Esotericism runs under the auspices of the European School of Theosophy (EuST).
The EuST was founded in 1981 by Geoffrey Farthing (1909-2004); Ianthe Hosking (1912-2001), Adam Warcup (1945-2019) and Elise Probert (?), to provide one week of intensive study on ancient wisdom tradition, correspondence courses, personal tutoring, a library and an environment to facilitate study and inquiry in the ancient wisdom tradition.
Initial plans for the EuST included the formation of a library; to provide the opportunity for individuals to study on their own. Also, correspondence courses supported by tutors; face-to-face study supported by tutors; visiting tutors were to be made available; residential tutors; and a Principal dedicating his/her life to the school was supposed to give the key-note of the work of the EuST.
Study courses were structured to help students to cultivate a spirit of inquiry rather than to provide ready answers. The EuST also aimed at providing an opportunity for research projects by bona fide members. The annual study week of the EuST was to be organised in places providing commune with nature.
The first school focused on the theme “Esoteric Philosophy,” and was organised at Tekels Park, Guest House, Camberley, from the 8th to the 16th October 1982.
In 1985, the thought to expand the work of the European School of Theosophy occupied the mind of its founders. They discussed the possibility of expanding the work of the EuST and making it permanent with its headquarters at Tekels Park. Such discussions included the possibility of organising a two-week programme of intensive study in September.
Now the EuST is starting to organise online courses and lectures. It also continues to organise its 5 days of an intensive study programme, once per year.