The Spiritual Path’ as defined by the Aims and Objects of the Theosophical Society.
What were the original Aims of the Theosophical Society? When did they become our Objects? How have they changed over the years? How did do they define a path? What should our Aims and Objects be today? What should we be doing today, as a Movement, to further those Aims and Objects?
Jon’s suggested study list for this presentation:
- The objects of the Theosophical Society: Jinarajadasa, C., 1925. Golden Book of the Theosophical Society (1875-1925). Adyar, Madras: Theosophical Publishing House,pp 245-246.
- The Development of the Objects: http://theosophy.wiki/w-en/index.php?title=Objects_of_the_Theosophical_Society
- The ‘Cosmological Notes’:
- Barker, A.T., 1973.’Appendix II 376’ in The Letters of H. P. Blavatsky to A. P. Sinnett. Pasadena, CA.: Theosophical University Press
- Hao Chin, Jr., Vicente (ed), 1993. ‘LBS-Appendix II, 508’ in The Mahatma Letters to A. P. Sinnett, In Chronological Sequence. Manila, Philippines, Theosophical Publishing House.
- The Seven-fold Nature
- This subject has been developed considerably and the various versions are scattered throughout the Theosophical literature. For a synopsis see this link: https://blavatskytheosophy.com/the-sevenfold-nature-of-man/
- The ‘Maha-Chohan’s Letter’
- Jinarajadasa, C., 1919. ‘Letter 1, 2,’ in Letters from the Masters of the Wisdom, First Series. Adyar, Madras: Theosophical Publishing
- Hao Chin, Jr., Vicente, 1993. ‘Appendix II, 477,’ in The Mahatma Letters to A. P. Sinnett, In Chronological Sequence. Manila, Philippines: Theosophical Publishing House.